Before you hire any type of contractor, there are a variety of things to think about before approving them for the job. You want to make sure they’re reliable, trustworthy, and efficient. When you are planning to hire a contractor to paint your home, you should have a lot of questions about the contractor, business, or the scope of the job. Here is a list of some of the basic questions to ask your painter before they begin any project.
Questions to ask about the contractor:
- How long have you been in business?
- Are you properly licensed and insured?
- Do you do the job yourself or subcontract it?
- Can you provide references?
- Do you have a portfolio of past jobs that I can look at?
- Are you available to be reached if I have any questions?
Questions to ask about the business:
- Do you offer a warranty?
- How long have the painters been working for your business?
- Can I trust your workers?
- What other services do you provide?
- When can I expect an estimate?
- Has your business been awarded with any certificates or recognition?
Questions to ask about your specific project:
- What type of paint will you use?
- Will you start and finish the job on time, both daily and the actual project itself?
- How much wall prep is included in the estimate?
- How will you protect my belongings that will be exposed during the job?
- Is everything included in the estimate or is there a chance that additional charges will be added?
- How will you clean up once the job is completed?
No matter what kind of questions you have or how many, never hesitate to ask your contractor anything. If you have concerns, it is best to voice them from the get-go so that you can gather enough information to make sure you are choosing the right person for your job. Professionals, like Greenville Painters are committed to providing the highest quality work and are happy to answer any questions their clients have about painting projects.