Do you have a great home improvement tip to share? Do you have a nightmare story about your septic system, or window installation? Do you love working around the house and garden? Don’t be afraid to share your knowledge with others. We’re accepting guest posts on any home improvement, repair, or maintenance related topics. There’s just a few rules to follow, but if you’re genuinely sharing something, you have nothing to worry about. Don’t feel like registering? Simply email your article to Andrew
- All content must be original (we will check plagiarism sources)
- All content must be written with correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, etc.
- All content must fit into the category you are submitting it into.
- Content may not be a blatant advertisement for any products or services. Advertisement is allowed if it is not the focus of the article. References to products or companies is allowed only if it is just a reference and not a sales pitch.
- Content may not contain any rude references, adult themes, illegal subjects, drugs or alcohol promotion, or otherwise shady topics. Keep it PG and below and you will be fine.
- Content may contain 2 outbound contextual links, or an author bio with 2 outbound links in it. You may not have both an author bio and contextual links in your article. If you include more than 2 links, the first two will be published and the others removed. If you are including an author bio, place it at the very end of your article and the editors will format it for you.
- Outbound links may not link to any adult, gambling, pharmaceutical or otherwise shady websites. The editors will remove your links if they are present.
- Content should include at least 1 photo. If you do not have rights to the photo, please include any attribution required. If you’re looking for free photos, please look into the following sites.
- Content may be rejected by the editors for any reason if they feel it is not suited for the site.
How to Contribute
- Sign up to be a contributor by registering here. All you need is an email address and username, your password is emailed to you.
- This blog is powered by WordPress, so be prepared to use the WordPress interface.
- Log into the site.
- Click on the posts tab on the left.
- Click on the add new button at the top.
- Format your article. Remember to upload a photograph and choose a category for your article.
- Click the large blue “submit for review” button on the right.
- Optional – email the head editor here and let him know you have submitted an article for review. This will speed up the posting process. You may also include any other concerns or if you feel a new category is more appropriate for your article.